Please note that the posts in this blog are in reverse order, so the newest posts are at the top and the oldest posts are at the bottom. You can enlarge most of the photos by clicking on them.

Friday, April 16, 2010

TIME FOR A BRAKE

After work today, I started putting the front brake assembly together. I fitted the front caliper, thoroughly cleaned the pads, pins and shims, applied Copaslip, and put them in situ. Then I moved to the master cylinder and was pleased to see that the paint finish was looking fairly good and seemed to have hardened off. After fitting the Goodridge stainless steel braided hose, I bled the brakes and tested them (as best I could). The white plastic reservoir was marked as a result of me trying to get it off the cylinder, but I'm not spending £61 to replace it with new! Everything else seems spot on, so tomorrow morning, I shall be spending my day having fun emptying the garage. Hope it's sunny!

No comments:

Bike Details

Honda CB250N Superdream
Reg No : ORH746W (ORH 746 W)
Reg Date : 1980
Orig Colour : Blue
New Colour : Black
Current Owner : Tom McQuiggan
Current Location : Horwich, Bolton, UK.