Please note that the posts in this blog are in reverse order, so the newest posts are at the top and the oldest posts are at the bottom. You can enlarge most of the photos by clicking on them.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

MONDAY, MONDAY.

Normally on a Monday evening I feel tired after work but this evening I went straight into the garage and started to detach the reservoir from the master cylinder. Inside was a truly disgusting mess as you can see. I can't imagine how the brake worked at all!

I swabbed out as much of the gunk as I could and then refitted the lever so I could flush the system through with clean brake fluid. Then I carefully scraped off the dried and hardened gunge and flushed through again, before blowing it through with an airline. The seal looked fine, so I reused it and refitted the reservoir. Looks okay now, so I can start work on the exterior finish.
After that, I moved on to the rear indicators. The fitting brackets were painted over the weekend and the paint had completely dried. Only took a few minutes to install them to the rear fender. Then I completed the wiring, using heatshrink tubing to keep connections nice and tidy. A couple of tie-wraps and everything was looking good. Finally, I fitted the seat cowl to the seat and slipped on the side panels and petrol tank for a quick photo.

No comments:

Bike Details

Honda CB250N Superdream
Reg No : ORH746W (ORH 746 W)
Reg Date : 1980
Orig Colour : Blue
New Colour : Black
Current Owner : Tom McQuiggan
Current Location : Horwich, Bolton, UK.