I swabbed out as much of the gunk as I could and then refitted the lever so I could flush the system through with clean brake fluid. Then I carefully scraped off the dried and hardened gunge and flushed through again, before blowing it through with an airline. The seal looked fine, so I reused it and refitted the reservoir. Looks okay now, so I can start work on the exterior finish.
After that, I moved on to the rear indicators. The fitting brackets were painted over the weekend and the paint had completely dried. Only took a few minutes to install them to the rear fender. Then I completed the wiring, using heatshrink tubing to keep connections nice and tidy. A couple of tie-wraps and everything was looking good. Finally, I fitted the seat cowl to the seat and slipped on the side panels and petrol tank for a quick photo.