Please note that the posts in this blog are in reverse order, so the newest posts are at the top and the oldest posts are at the bottom. You can enlarge most of the photos by clicking on them.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

SUNDAY - DAY OF REST?

No day of rest for me! I was in the garage at 8am this morning, sanding, priming and painting bits of brackets and what have you. It's all stuff that should have been done a long time ago and it's now slowing me down. So the only "real" stuff I've done today is fit the seat catch, the side-rails and the rear fender assembly. Doesn't sound much, I know, but it was interspersed with lots of other preparatory work.

The wiring to the rear brakes and indicators was a God-Awful mess, so I ripped it all out and started from scratch. I always feel better when electric cables and connectors are new. If anything fails to work or sets on fire, then there's only myself to blame! Although not shown on here, I also fitted the oil pressure switch and connected up the neutral light today.

I also spent a great deal of time overhauling the front brake Master Cylinder which is in a right old state! Lots of alloy corrosion on the outside and lots of shit and gunk on the inside :-)

Finally, I did something that could have been left until much later, but I brought it forward as a bit of a motivator. Might sound daft, but I installed the clocks today because (in my head) it's a kind of a milestone and makes the bike look much more finished. This will encourage me to keep going. Luckily, I'd spent a lot of time on the clock components previously, so it was just a case of assembling all the bits, testing the 6 bulbs and fitting a brand new ignition lock. Looks pretty good! Yes, I know the bars look crap - I've got some brand new ones on order from Wemoto.

No comments:

Bike Details

Honda CB250N Superdream
Reg No : ORH746W (ORH 746 W)
Reg Date : 1980
Orig Colour : Blue
New Colour : Black
Current Owner : Tom McQuiggan
Current Location : Horwich, Bolton, UK.