Please note that the posts in this blog are in reverse order, so the newest posts are at the top and the oldest posts are at the bottom. You can enlarge most of the photos by clicking on them.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A LITTLE CLOSER

Tonight I carried on with the wiring. Found the old solenoid and wasn't too impressed with the state of it. Grubby to say the least, so I spent a few minutes cleaning it all up including the terminals and posts. Then I cleaned up the long starter motor cable and routed it along the frame, over the right coil and down to the starter. Next up was the battery cables.

Pretty soon it was all connected up to the main loom. Glad I took so many photos of the bike before I stripped her or I'd have struggled to figure out which way the cables were routed. One thing that cheesed me off a bit was the reflectors at the front of the bike. Ages ago I had decided that I didn't like them and wasn't going to put them back on the bike but tonight I realised that the clutch cable and starter cable were held in place by them Grrr. So I then had to pull the garage apart trying to find it. Jeez, what a job! Luckily I found the bugger and cleaned it up best I could.

No comments:

Bike Details

Honda CB250N Superdream
Reg No : ORH746W (ORH 746 W)
Reg Date : 1980
Orig Colour : Blue
New Colour : Black
Current Owner : Tom McQuiggan
Current Location : Horwich, Bolton, UK.