Please note that the posts in this blog are in reverse order, so the newest posts are at the top and the oldest posts are at the bottom. You can enlarge most of the photos by clicking on them.

Sunday, April 08, 2012

SOUNDS CRAZY BUT...

I know it sounds crazy, but after the summer's gone, I think I'll strip down the bike again and powdercoat the frame, swingarm, etc. Originally, I had only wanted to "spruce" up this bike and wanted to avoid lashing out any money, but now that I've had the bike so long (the longest time I've ever kept a bike), I think it only fair to treat her to a proper job.

Might fit a twin-disc front end to it too (although that would obviously spoil the originality of the bike). We'll see. The job would only take 2 or 3 weeks, because all the other parts on the bike are pretty decent.

5 comments:

danboi said...

Glad to here the bike is now running good, I would recommend fitting the twin pot calipers and vented discs from the 400NC if you are going to do a twin disc set up, I fitted this set up on my 400NB it works great.

You should post this good news and the pictures on the superdream forum, I am sure people will be very intrested to here that it is going well again, and she is looking so sweet.

Tom McQuiggan said...

Thanks mate!

Klaas De Craemer said...

I would vote against that. It's a 250N not some homebuilt parts special :)
Maybe your pads need bedding in on the disc (if you installed new ones).

Ian said...

Im absolutley delighted you got it going Tom.
The twin disk setup is soooo much better than standard. Mine stops pretty sharpish. The CX brakes are no Yammy Blue-spots but for a 30 year old bike they'll do me fine.

Couple of thoughts ...

Do you have braided lines ? They made a huge difference to mine.
The master cylinder was never really up to much as well so I got one off a bigger/heavier big and it worked a treat.

Anyway, its so good to actually see it on the road and not stuck in the garage :) Congrats

Tom McQuiggan said...

Hi Klaas, yes they are new pads so they will need bedding in, but it's more than that. I know what you mean about spoiling the originality of the bike.

Thanks Ian! I'm pleased too, as you can imagine :-)) I fitted a Goodridge Braided Hose and a BRAND NEW master cylinder. From memory, I think the front pads might be EBC, so in the absence of any other explanation, I just might try some original Honda pads before doing anything more drastic.

Bike Details

Honda CB250N Superdream
Reg No : ORH746W (ORH 746 W)
Reg Date : 1980
Orig Colour : Blue
New Colour : Black
Current Owner : Tom McQuiggan
Current Location : Horwich, Bolton, UK.