Please note that the posts in this blog are in reverse order, so the newest posts are at the top and the oldest posts are at the bottom. You can enlarge most of the photos by clicking on them.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

WASTE OF MONEY

Fitted the new Coil, CDI and Battery tonight and they made no difference!  So that's it - it simply HAS to be a fuelling issue and the carbs will have to be removed. I should have done the job tonight but I was feeling a bit pissed off with it all, so I left it for another night.
.

2 comments:

The Old Nail said...

Money is never wasted when there's ebay. :-)
Float levels perhaps? Or has someone 'converted' the carbs so that it could be run on a bhp restricted license.

Tom McQuiggan said...

Hi Pete,
I think I'll be refitting the original bits and selling the new ones on Ebay as you suggest. The carbs are the one item which I gave over to a professional company for ultrasonic cleaning and they also fitted the Keyster Kits bits.

It's now looking like that ONE part of the refurb I allowed someone else to do, is the one part which is not right. Of course, I might be speaking out of turn - I'll probably do the job tonight, so we'll know soon enough.

Bike Details

Honda CB250N Superdream
Reg No : ORH746W (ORH 746 W)
Reg Date : 1980
Orig Colour : Blue
New Colour : Black
Current Owner : Tom McQuiggan
Current Location : Horwich, Bolton, UK.