Please note that the posts in this blog are in reverse order, so the newest posts are at the top and the oldest posts are at the bottom. You can enlarge most of the photos by clicking on them.

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

LESSON LEARNED!

After walking out on the bike last night, to teach it a lesson, I returned tonight and it seemed to have worked! I removed the headlamp and almost immediately found the short. It was a bullet connector which had come loose and was shorting against a steel bracket. Last night I recall thinking how easy it was, getting the headlamp to push into the cowl with that mass of cables and connector blocks.  Getting the headlight back in the cowl tonight was an altogether different story! Grrrrrr!

Anyway, I switched on the ignition and everything seemed to work. Sidelights, main beam, dipped beam, horn, starter motor, panel lights, warning lights, but no indicators! Huh? I examined the connections at the relay and all seemed fine. There was no choice - that damned headlight had to come back out to examine the indicator wiring in there. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

So, I removed the headlight, checked the wiring and everything seemed fine. So what the hell could be wrong??? I sat there studying the wiring diagram for about half an hour, scratching my head. Then something dawned on me. Did the brand new indicators actually come with bulbs?? Hahahhaa, of course not! I installed 4 bulbs, put the headlight back on again, and all's well with the world.

I put the battery back on charge and left it for the night. Tomorrow I'll go get some petrol and fire her up.

No comments:

Bike Details

Honda CB250N Superdream
Reg No : ORH746W (ORH 746 W)
Reg Date : 1980
Orig Colour : Blue
New Colour : Black
Current Owner : Tom McQuiggan
Current Location : Horwich, Bolton, UK.