Please note that the posts in this blog are in reverse order, so the newest posts are at the top and the oldest posts are at the bottom. You can enlarge most of the photos by clicking on them.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

FIXING THE IDLING

Two issues remain. One is the rough idling and the other is petrol overflow problem. The carbs that are currently on have been totally refurbished, ultrasonically cleaned and fitted with new jets, needles, etc. All measurements and adjustments have been checked by myself and a professional bike mechanic.

So I have decided to remove them and make up a set from the total of three that I have. Maybe I'll manage to get a good working pair. Or maybe I'll be making a monster :-)


UPDATE :
Okay, so I made up a set of carbs with ALL the bits ultra-sonically cleaned and checked. Everything bang on!! Fitted them to the bike and the petrol overflow problem seemed cured. Hooray! Unfortunately, it's now running like a bag o'shite. Very rough tickover, spitting and farting and basically worse than it was before.

Oh my God, I could kick this damned bike down the road! I've just sent off to www.cmsnl.com for two pairs of floats. They are constructed completely from plastic and have preset float-levels, so there can be no mistake there. Let's see how they go (when they arrive).

If ANYONE has a set of carbs that are absolutely 100% known to be in perfect working order, PLEASE let me loan them to see if they cure everything. I've removed and refitted carbs on this bike so many times that I can now do it like an F1 Pit-Crew member!!

And just to make the day perfect, the right-hand carb overflowed :-(

No comments:

Bike Details

Honda CB250N Superdream
Reg No : ORH746W (ORH 746 W)
Reg Date : 1980
Orig Colour : Blue
New Colour : Black
Current Owner : Tom McQuiggan
Current Location : Horwich, Bolton, UK.