Please note that the posts in this blog are in reverse order, so the newest posts are at the top and the oldest posts are at the bottom. You can enlarge most of the photos by clicking on them.

Monday, April 02, 2012

5K PROBLEM - GONE!

Well, I don't quite know how, but I've managed to cure the 5k problem. Tonight I bled the front brake and took the bike for a spin after warming it up. I purposely put the bike under load by going up a long, steep hill. Everything went fine, but the fuelling is still a little suspect.

But the main thing is, it doesn't die at 5000rpm, so I'm well and truly on the final leg of this ridiculously long journey which started out 3years ago as a quick "spruce up". Need to book my MOT for Thursday and see what happens. Once it's taxed and tested, I can concentrate on the fine-tuning.

And then sell the bugger! LOL

No comments:

Bike Details

Honda CB250N Superdream
Reg No : ORH746W (ORH 746 W)
Reg Date : 1980
Orig Colour : Blue
New Colour : Black
Current Owner : Tom McQuiggan
Current Location : Horwich, Bolton, UK.